Good-bye irritation and breakouts, hello healing makeup.
Written by Carlyn
Anyone who struggles with acne and breakouts will understand THE repetitive (and annoying!) cycle:
- A pimple is born.
- Concealer makeup is put onto the pimple for coverage.
- The pimple gets larger, more swollen, and much more red. Ugh.
- More concealer is applied to cover the now-angry pimple.
This cycle has haunted me for way too long in the past.
As soon as my skin began to clear up, I made a vow to only use makeup products that helped my skin while covering my imperfections. Check out my list for go-to everyday makeup products that help my skin—not hurt it!
1. August and Monroe – Blemish camouflage stick
When I first heard about this product, I thought it was too good to be true. A 3-in-1 treatment that primes, conceals AND heals blemishes all in one product?! There’s no way. This concealing stick is revolutionary. It even uses colour-changing technology that utilizes pigment bursting beads to best match the pigment of your skin. I mean, COME ON!
2. Colorescience – Sunforgettable Enviroscreen™ Protection Body Shield SPF 50 Bronze
My fellow pale friends! This one’s for us. I love the amazing bronze tint that this product gives my skin. Plus, it uses 100% mineral protection from environmental aggressors such as UVA/UVB, pollution, blue light, and infrared radiation.
3. Bare Minerals – Blemish Rescue™ Skin Clearing Loose Powder Foundation
Have you ever heard of a powder WITH acne-fighting ingredients? Not me! I ran to my computer to order this one; a full-coverage loose mineral foundation WITH salicylic acid. I’ll say that again. A FULL-COVERAGE LOOSE MINERAL FOUNDATION WITH SALICYLIC ACID.
4. IT Cosmetics – Your Skin but Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+
This product just might be my favourite. An absolute community staple and the winner of like a hundred awards, this product is packed with the good stuff. It really does have a flawless application—no cracks or creases on my skin—and it uses ingredients such as collagen, niacin and peptides to provide anti-aging results. Oh! I can’t forget to mention the good ol’ sun protection aspect as well.
5. SunBum – Tinted SPF 15 Lip Balm
This lip balm fights both dry lips and the sun, while leaving a beautiful blush colour. A product you can always find in my purse!
6. Jones Road – Miracle Balm, All-Over Glow
When I’m going for a youthful, doll-esque cheek pop-of-colour-look. Infused with healing properties from Vitamin E.
7. Kosas – Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer and Daytime Eye Cream
Say GOOOOD MORNING with this caffeine-infused under eye concealer. This makes me look like I got a couple more hours off shuteye.
8. Tatcha – The Silk Powder Protective Setting Powder
Great for sweaty summer days by targeting shine, blurring pores and providing pollution and blue light shielding ingredients.
9. Well People – Expressionist Pro Mascara
I love the longevity and the non-flaking formula of this staple. With added ingredients such as castor and sunflower seed oil, lashes are conditioned and nourished with essential fatty acids. That’s some movie star sh*t.
10. RMS Beauty – Luminizer
This glow is so delicate and natural and doesn’t look greasy. Coconut oil is used to nourish and illuminate the skin, producing that dewy, Insta-worthy texture.
It’s time to break up with our breakouts.
Questions or Comments? Email me at [email protected] <3.