A wardrobe must-have!
The “Melanie” cardigan in black, $98 at Mott 50
Here are seven reasons why you need this wrap in your closet now.
1. It fends off skin cancer. HOW: All Mott 50 apparel is made from sun protective fabrics with UPF 50+. This means it has been tested to block off 97.5% of UV radiation.
2. It keeps your hands spot-free. HOW: The sleeves have thumbholes to protect the upper hand from the sun while you drive or bike. Perfect if you commute to and from the office every day. I still like to apply sunscreen on the back of my hands before I leave the office for extra defence.
3. You can wear it to the beach without baking in it. HOW: The material is lightweight yet provides enough warmth for cool nights. Trust me, I’m always cold.
4. It’s neither flashy or ho-hum, so you can wear it to the office. HOW: Over a printed top or button-down blouse. It’s made it into my workweek wardrobe rotation.
5. You can wear it on a date. HOW: Slap on a waist-cinching belt and leather pumps, and boom, insta-glam.
6. It’s packable. HOW: The wrinkle-resistant material is made of 92% Rayon, 8% spandex. I took it with me on a recent cruise and it survived a week of being stuffed in beach bags and suitcases.
7. You can never have too many black cardigans. But if you do, it also comes in grey, red, and aqua…
Buy it here