Easing Hand Eczema
Managing eczema (atopic dermatitis) flare-ups on the hands is all about prevention. If you work with harsh chemicals or do heavy-duty work with your hands, you can prevent hands from getting dry and cracked with the following tips from The National Eczema Association:
- If your hands get wet, use cotton glove liners and neoprene or vinyl gloves. Wash gloves frequently.
- If your hands remain dry, wear fabric or leather work gloves.
- Avoid industrial hand cleansers that may contain harsh, irritating ingredients.
- Bring to work a bottle of gentle hand cleanser, as well as moisturizer and any skin medication.
- Make sure all work surfaces, tools, protective gear and clothing are clean.
- Promptly care for any minor wounds on your hands.